Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Re: The Body - What you SHOULD be thinking...

Today I was looking through some pictures of myself from a couples years ago. Let me just say that I refer to these infamous photos as 'The Beast' pictures. To say I was carrying a few extra pounds would be putting it lightly... uh, ok, not really 'lightly', but you get my drift. So in one of these pictures, I'm smiling a nice big smile, gums and pearly whites flashing at the camera, the whole hammy works. As I looked at this picture, I found my self thinking - as I've thought since I first saw this picture some time ago - "Good Lord! Will you look at me? My face is HUGE! What is that, like a head and a half larger than my average head size? And my eyes... my right is nothing but a little slit! How can I even be seeing anything? I couldn't pry those lids open with a crow bar there's so much fat weighing them down!"

What I SHOULD have been thinking was "Wow! Look at how huge I was! I can barely see out of those peepers of mine. But at least I can see... it could be worse. I could be blind."

There's someone out there who would probably give anything to be able to see the world through your chubsy ubsy littles eyes. Be thankful for what you have, and never forget to count your blessings.

'.....but if I were blind, I wouldn't have to look at that picture of myself anymore.....'

1 Comments:

Blogger pappy said...

Passing through, like your writting, good blog and thank you for your past service

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home